Woodmont Properties, a renowned developer of residential and commercial real estate, has established a track record of excellence in real estate development over several decades. With a diverse portfolio of properties throughout New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania, Woodmont Properties is known for its innovative approach to luxury home and apartment community design, earning numerous awards and accolades.
Challenges Faced by Woodmont Properties:
In their ongoing commitment to excellence and sustainability, Woodmont Properties embarked on a project to install electric vehicle (EV) charging stations at two of their Multi-Unit Dwelling (MUD) residential properties in New Jersey. However, they faced several key challenges:
- Limited Electrical Infrastructure: Woodmont Properties had concerns about the cost of upgrading their electrical infrastructure to accommodate the installation of 16 EV charging ports.
- Power Load Management: The available power capacity was limited, necessitating the ability to efficiently share the load between the charging stations.
- Connectivity: The properties lacked Wi-Fi infrastructure, and traditional data cable installation was not a feasible option.
Solution Provided by CyberSwitching:
Woodmont Properties sought assistance from CyberSwitching, a company specializing in smart power management and EV charging solutions. CyberSwitching devised a comprehensive solution to address Woodmont Properties’ challenges:
- Installation of CSE1 EV Charging Stations: CyberSwitching recommended the use of CSE1 EV charging stations on Single and Dual Pedestals, designed to be cost-effective and efficient. These stations allowed Woodmont Properties to accommodate a larger number of charging ports within their existing electrical capacity.
- AmpUp Advanced Load Management: To optimize the use of available power, CyberSwitching integrated with AmpUp’s Software Management Platform’s Advanced Load Management feature, which enabled Woodmont Properties to efficiently share the load among the charging stations.
- Cost Savings: By choosing CyberSwitching’s solution, Woodmont Properties achieved significant cost savings, both in terms of hardware and shipping expenses. Using CyberSwitching CSE1 units helped Woodmont Properties to save about 60% on hardware alone.
- Rebate Programs: The CSE1 charging stations provided by CyberSwitching were approved for rebate programs from JCP& L and PSE&G. Woodmont Properties leveraged these programs to receive financial incentives through the Make Ready rebate program.
- Connectivity Solution: To address the connectivity challenge, CyberSwitching provided cellular units with Super SIM cards. These SIM cards automatically connected to the carrier with the strongest signal in the area, ensuring a reliable connection for the EV charging stations.
As a result of the collaboration with CyberSwitching, Woodmont Properties achieved the following outcomes:
- Installation of Over 30 Charging Stations: Woodmont Properties successfully purchased and installed over 30 CSE1 charging stations across multiple properties, meeting the growing demand for EV charging infrastructure.
- Significant Cost Savings: The implementation of CyberSwitching’s solution allowed Woodmont Properties to save more than twice the amount typically spent on hardware and reduce shipping costs by 40%.
- Rebate Program Benefits: By using charging stations approved for rebate programs, Woodmont Properties capitalized on financial incentives, further reducing the overall project cost.
- Reliable Connectivity: The cellular units and Super SIM cards ensured a stable and hassle-free connectivity solution for the charging stations.
In conclusion, Woodmont Properties’ partnership with CyberSwitching resulted in a successful implementation of EV charging stations, overcoming the challenges of limited electrical infrastructure, cost concerns, and connectivity issues. This case study showcases the effectiveness of innovative solutions and strategic partnerships in achieving sustainability goals within the real estate development industry.
Nick Zamanov is a head of sales and business development at Cyber Switching. He is an expert in EV infrastructure space and he is an EV enthusiast since 2012, Since then Nick strongly believed that electric vehicles would eventually replace Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) cars.