CALIFORNIA TITLE 24-2013 REQUIREMENTS
The California Building Standards Commission created standards, referred to as Title 24, to
promote energy efficiency in commercial buildings. In the latest release of these energy standards, several very stringent metering and
monitoring requirements have been put into place, with provisions requiring the separate reporting of HVAC, interior and exterior lighting,
and plug loads.
A recognized influencer in future code development,Title 24-2013 includes some important mandates:
- Metering electrical loads with specific data points dependent on service size
- Services < 250 kVA: instantaneous kW demand, resettable kW
- Services from 250-1OOOkVA: instantaneous kW demand, resettable kWh + historical peak demand
- Services > 1000 kVA: instantaneous kW demand, resettable kWh, historical peak demand + kWh per rate period
- Non aggregated measurement of electrical load energy use
- Services > 50 kVa: specific load types must be individually monitored
- Higher service levels, specific load types may also be required to be measured by floor, type, or area (specifically lighting, HVAC, plug loads, and renewable generation sources)
- Demand responsive controls and equipment
- Equipment capable of receiving and automatically responding to at least one standard based messaging protocol which enables demand response after receiving demand response signal.
Cyber Switching Products Offer the Solution to These Requirements
Cyber Switching's smart submetering solutions provide the cutting-edge technology to meet these
Title 24 mandates. Ease of installation with real-time monitoring of vital data points make Cyber Switching submeters an ideal choice for optimum
Scalability and future expansion is a snap with the submetering modules. The required monitoring is achieved through sophisticated recording and reporting back to a centrally located dashboard. Compliance requirements for tracking and retaining historical records of energy use are included in the feature set. Optional software modules can also accommodate tenant billing.
While today's needs focus on code compliant monitoring, tomorrow's objectives will emphasize power quality and reliability. With an eye on the future, Cyber Switching is motivated to provide technical solutions to enhance and utilize the earth's precious energy resources while improving a company's bottom line.
The Cyber Switching Submetering Solution provides a platform that embraces the entire spectrum of energy performance, from efficiency to reliability and quality.